Energy Storage Application
Northern Power Systems’ FlexPhase™ modular power converter can be quickly and easily customized for your energy storage application. Its unique circuit yields high performance with less stress, lower cost and higher reliability than the traditional 2-level converter:
- 2x control bandwidth
- 1/5th filter size
- Staggered phase
- 1/3rd DC capacitor current
- 45% switching frequency (20% fewer IGBTs)
The FlexPhase power converter is full four quadrant capable at any power factor, with response times of less than 1mS and capable of seamless switching between both on grid and off grid operations.
- Power 500 kW to 2000 kW per cabinet
- DC voltage up to 1150 Vdc
- Efficiency +/- 98%
- Operating temp range -25°C to +50°C
- For use with multiple ESS chemistries
Battery Energy Storage System (BESS)
Power supply can be complex with increasing renewable energy feeding often feeding into aging infrastructure. Energy storage has become an essential component to help ensure uninterrupted supply free from dependence on emergency fossil fuel or other generation.
Northern Power’s Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) provides a versatile and reliable solution:
- End-to-end integration
- Power Conversion System enclosure or Pad-mount unit with site prep
- Balance-of-system equipment, communication and SCADA interface/interoperability standards
- Containerized application
To discuss your next energy storage project, please send us an email on ProductInfo [@] NorthernPower.com
* These fields are required.